BLS for Healthcare Providers
The BLS for Healthcare Providers course is designed to provide a wide variety of certified or noncertified, licensed or nonlicensed, healthcare professionals with the skills to keep people alive until they can be brought to a hospital or be treated with more advanced lifesaving measures.
The BLS course covers:
- adult and pediatric CPR
- two-rescuer scenarios and use of the bag-valve mask
- foreign-body airway obstruction (conscious and unconscious)
- automated external defibrillation (includes child AED update)
- special resuscitation situations
- other cardiopulmonary emergencies
- stroke and cardiac arrest
BLS training is intended for certified or noncertified, licensed or nonlicensed, healthcare professionals, including:
- emergency medical technicians
- respiratory, physical, and occupational therapists
- physician’s assistants
- residents or fellows
- medical or nursing students in training
- aides, medical or nursing assistants, and other allied health personnel
In addition, BLS training can be appropriate for first responders, such as police officers and firefighters, as well as for laypeople whose work brings them into contact with members of the public, such as school, fitness centre, or hotel and restaurant employees.
Students must pass a written exam and skills test in order to qualify for a BLS for Healthcare Provider Course Completion Card. BLS For Healthcare Providers course is taught using curriculum from the American Heart Association which has been approved for use by the Irish Heart Foundation.
*All training materials are provided on the day of your course including student workbook, pen/paper, personal protective equipment, cleaning equipment, and mouth barriers.
Cardiac First Responder Course
This dynamic new course was brought about with the combined efforts of the Irish Heart Foundation and the Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC). Using thier individual areas of expertise, they built this course on existing Heartsaver® and BLS curriculim published by the American Heart Association, adding these additional modules listed below.
- administration of aspirin
- stroke assessment (FAST Assessment)
- critical incident stress awareness and debrief
- Cardiac First Responder Report (CFRR)
- legal indemnity issues
The courses will conclude with a short skills testing. Certification for this course is an Irish Heart Foundation / Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) CFR community course completion card in addition to a Heartsaver AED course completion card or BLS for HCP certificate depending on the course having been taught. Certification will be received upon successfully completing the course.
*All training materials are provided on the day of your course including student workbook, pen/paper, personal protective equipment, cleaning equipment, mouth barriers, epinephrine pen, first aid kit, and splinting materials.
Schools & Youth Groups
Schools & Youth Groups